75th Post Special: My Online History

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
While not DC-related, I thought I'd share a fact about me. But first, I just want to say thank you to everyone that supported me. And although 75 posts doesn't seem like much, it is a good start.

So, here it is, the history of my online experiences. Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far back as I can remember, my very first experience of chatting with people online was in late 2012, when I created my account on Animal Jam. My username was pandaman147, and my 2 original animals were a penguin and-of course-a panda.

I thought Animal Jam was really fun, especially since my personal friends were on there, too. In fact, I stayed on that site for the next year or so!

Unfortunately, horrible jammers (users of AJ) started to roam the area...

...and eventually...they struck me.

They started taking furniture from my den and leaving rude comments. After that, I started to draw away from Animal Jam, so far that my account is long gone. I think the last time I signed on was in the fall of 2013.

I kind of forgot about chatting on the Internet for a while, until I found Miiverse around late 2013. Ever since I've heard of it, I've wanted to join, but it would cost you 50 cents to be able to talk to other Miiversers. Around the start of May (2014, this time), I asked my mom to take 50 cents from her credit card so I could join, then I paid her back in cash. I named my account MisterMeister91, and when I got on, it was posts up the butt, man!

I made at least 5 posts a day, and if that wasn't enough, I posted even more comments!

My very first Miiverse post was when I posted a screenshot of the "Off-Screen Sonic" trick you could do in the Game Gear version of Sonic 1, with text saying "Where's Sonic?" It was posted on May 4th, 2014.

My Miiverse account seemed like it could have a bright future, and it did...

...a very short one.

Just like the Dreamcast, my Miiverse account came and went within a very short time period. I would say the Dreamcast was the lucky one; it has an entire fanbase that still goes on today, and it stayed on the market for 18 and a half months, while my Miiverse account only stayed for a mere 6.

Here are 3 reasons why my account stayed for an extremely short time:

1. The Administrators

The admins on Miiverse were very strict-so strict that the Miiversers started protesting. And I do have to agree that they are...kind of jerks sometimes.

What really gets them on my nerves is that they banned users for the littlest things. For example, they banned me once because I talked about the "Shrek Is Love, Shrek Is Life" video (You remember that craze, don't you?) in one of my posts, and once again because I was trying to get an atheist to believe in Jesus (Don't ask, it was a weird conversation). Come on admins, I had asterisks in 'H*ll'!

2. Broken 3DS

This may be hard to believe, since I'm a Sega fan and all, but when I got a 3DS XL back in Christmas 2012, I was thrilled! I played that thing to death, and I kid you not.

Unfortunately, one day, I dropped my 3DS on the floor in such a way that the two halves broke apart. The only thing that held them together was a small green wire. From that point on, I had to use the computer to make posts, which meant I could not make any more drawings on Miiverse. I didn't have the money for a Wii U (or a 3DS, for that matter), so the computer was the only option I had.

It was pretty limited, but it was nowhere near the nail in the coffin...

3. Service Agreement Update

Around the time I was forced to use the computer to make posts (see reason 2), I logged on to find out that the Nintendo Service Agreement has updated, and it needed me to get out my 3DS so I could agree. Unfortunately, I was not able to do that because my 3DS had just broken a week ago, and I haven't acquired a new one since.

Yes. Ever since the 3DS breaking back in September, I have never acquired a new one. It's probably because I've been busy with another system...

;)

I hope to return to Miiverse in the future, but there are some things the guys need to know to improve the service:

-The administrators should calm down a little and be more easy-going. During my 6 months on Miiverse, I was banned 3 times! Why?!

-They should also try and target Miiverse to older people, too. Every time I talk about the Dreamcast or another "gaming obscurity", I feel like I'm a parent teaching a toddler the ABCs (sorry, it's just my opinion).

Other than that, it's a great site that any Nintendo fan should cash in 50 cents to talk to other Nintendo fans.

But you know what? Dreamcast-Talk is the site for me. It's an awesome site where I can share my experiences with the little white box of joy that Sega created, and I don't have to waste time and explain myself while doing it. And although there are friends and followers on Miiverse that I won't forget-like kylie, lukonic and Vanne-I'll guarantee that I'll be staying here for quite a while.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, guys. Hope you enjoyed my 75-post special. You have seen the story of how I jumped from website to website until I found the perfect place to chat on the Internet.

Of course, I forgot some things in this post, like when I joined Points2Shop, made 1 post, then never came back. I was also on CLG Wiki and CLG Wiki Dream Logos, until one of the moderators told me to get lost. He also erased all the text on one of my polls and replaced it with "No more polls!"

Well guys, that's all for today. Keep supporting me, and maybe I'll have a brighter future here than I did before.

Then again, we have all the time in the world.

Thanks for reading.
-hudsthinking1999

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Back
Top Bottom