UMD laser or housing psp 2001 issue

Cloud

I recently bought a highly beat up PSP 2001 from a pawn shop. I got a really good deal on it, so I didn't pass it up.

Besides an obvious analog pad issue (I'm gonna replace it) it also has an issue when playing UMD games. The issue I have is that whenever I play a UMD game, I "randomly" get kicked into the "Do you want to quit the game?" screen.

I don't have this issue when playing games off my memory card (there was a couple on the card it came with), so I'd imagine that it's either the PSP UMD laser, or an issue with the UMD housing. I did notice that one of the sides of the housing is broke, but if I'm careful I can safely get it to close flushly.

My plan is to buy a new full housing for the entire PSP, but if the laser is messed up, I might as well replace while the unit is apart. I'm just wondering if this is a common problem, and if anyone knows a way I could find out which is bad.

Thanks.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Back
Top Bottom