A VGA converter to avoid...

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
I know there are a bunch of you out there with VGA cable to VGA to HDMI converters out there, and a bunch of threads advising which converters you should get... well... for those interested, a video I put together about one you should avoid...

A How-Not-To Guide: Hooking a Dreamcast up to an HDTV - YouTube

From the UK originally, but just I moved to LA from NYC in Dec and sold nearly everything I owned prior to the move. As I was without a console (and Xbox One/PS4 are 7 months away from hardware upgrades) I decided to start a DC collection.

DC was the first console I bought with my own money aged 15-16, the only one I truly loved, and I still remember the first time I read about the Japanese launch, looking at tiny blurry screenshots of Dynamite Cop, that still looked incredible, trying to work out how long before I'd have enough money to pick up one in the UK.

I got rid of my DC when Sega discontinued it, then re-bought shortly afterwards in 2002 as I was heading to college and realised all the games I couldn't afford when I previously owned it were available for about a quid each. The DC stopped reading disks about 6 months later, and all the games got shipped back to my parents' place

Anyway... somewhere at my parents' place in the UK, i have about 40+ games in terrible, terrible condition - no cases, scratched to hell, so next time I'm home I'll be trying to see whether any are worth salvaging to play as titles. Other than that I'm now trying to get my head around the fact Powerstone 2 is now a $70 game and trying to find a VGA converter that actually works... any and all tips are welcomed!

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom