Another Boot Disk Question

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Sorry guys,
I am going insane, I have been trying to create a boot disk for the last 7 hours. I have not been having much luck with google in that time and I'm about to throw the dreamcast through the window.

I just bought my 1st DC. Been wanting one for years!
Bought a PAL-E version. There is no manufacture date on the bottom. It does have the '1' in a circle on the bottom though.
No games came with the console so I cant even try to play any to make sure it works.
I have just came home from Japan and while i was there visited the 'Super Potato' stores and bought myself an NTSF-J copy of dead or alive 2.

I have now spent all day burning different versions on utopia, e-gscdx & CDX.
During these trials I have used DiscJuggler, Nero & Alcohol. I have even been cdi2nero in an attempt to find some type of combination of things that will get it working.
I have burnt using the image setting everytime, I have even tried TAO & DAO when i was utilizing cdi2nero.

I am out of ideas on what is going wrong now. I have tried so many tutorials and scanned so many forums trying to find out what I am doing wrong.

Everytime the DC starts up it goes into the music player. It will show the disc spinning with a 6 second track showing. The track wont play though.

I have put music cds into the Dreamcast and they dont recognise though.

When I put the NTSC-J copy of dead or alive into the DC nothing happens though.

Any clues on what I am doing wrong?

I am now worried that there is something wrong with the DC i have purchased.

Cheers guys

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom