Another Boot Disk Question

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Sorry guys,
I am going insane, I have been trying to create a boot disk for the last 7 hours. I have not been having much luck with google in that time and I'm about to throw the dreamcast through the window.

I just bought my 1st DC. Been wanting one for years!
Bought a PAL-E version. There is no manufacture date on the bottom. It does have the '1' in a circle on the bottom though.
No games came with the console so I cant even try to play any to make sure it works.
I have just came home from Japan and while i was there visited the 'Super Potato' stores and bought myself an NTSF-J copy of dead or alive 2.

I have now spent all day burning different versions on utopia, e-gscdx & CDX.
During these trials I have used DiscJuggler, Nero & Alcohol. I have even been cdi2nero in an attempt to find some type of combination of things that will get it working.
I have burnt using the image setting everytime, I have even tried TAO & DAO when i was utilizing cdi2nero.

I am out of ideas on what is going wrong now. I have tried so many tutorials and scanned so many forums trying to find out what I am doing wrong.

Everytime the DC starts up it goes into the music player. It will show the disc spinning with a 6 second track showing. The track wont play though.

I have put music cds into the Dreamcast and they dont recognise though.

When I put the NTSC-J copy of dead or alive into the DC nothing happens though.

Any clues on what I am doing wrong?

I am now worried that there is something wrong with the DC i have purchased.

Cheers guys

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…