best price to performance VGA option

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
was posting this in "community" but saw the lounge is much more active so posting here, not sure which one is correct sorry if I made a mistake

What is the best economical solution for getting good VGA out of your DC? I spent about $30 on this console and don't want to have to spend double or triple that just to get it decent image quality.

I've had shitty off brand composite cables for the wii before that "got the job done" so to speak; not great. And OEM xbox component cables that kicked ass. I know HDMI and DVI cables are all the same but what about VGA? Are all created equal?

I'd like to get these because they're the cheapest and its black to match my DC. Can anyone confirm they're total bullshit? A user on here named TacT said they worked fine for him.
VGA High Definition Cable RCA Sound Adapter PAL NTSC for Sega Dreamcast Console | eBay

Is there any image quality difference between a cable and a box? The big selling point of the box seems to be that you can switch to comp or svideo but my tv has no svideo and only 1 comp input that is occupied so I'd have to do rewiring anyway if I wanted to use something other than VGA. And with how sparse the game list is idek even know if I'll run into a game that doesn't support VGA. Seems like much ado about nothing and definitely not work extra money (to me). But is the box picture better? What setups do you guys have? (ik theres a sticky for that but Im looking for specifically setups under like $40-$50)

I've had my DC for like 6 months now and have a decent collection but I've been putting off playing until I can upgrade from shitty composite. This is one of about 8 consoles of mine and not a daily driver (at least yet) so I'd have a hard time justifying spending big bucks especially when I can easily emulate it on my $800 PC and I'm assuming, make them look way better than a DC ever could for free with no hassle. Already feels borderline silly to still be buying console stuff tbh but I like that "feel" I'm sure you're all familiar with on classic hardware.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom