Bricked psp 2001, Can somebody tell me how?

Cloud

i was trying to install custom firmware onto my buddies 6.39 unmodified psp.

i installed home brew enabler, and ran the ME custom firmware install. after the installation was complete, it said to press x to reset the psp, but the screen was frozen and now i get a black screen with a solid green light. i tried removing the battery and power cycling it to no avail.

i dont understand how it could have bricked, seeing as it froze after the installation. maybe it was a dirty eboot? i'll give you some links to the software i used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmIi6VQcFE

i know it was stupid to learn the shit from youtube, but i have been out of the scene for so long that i diddnt know what forums everybody went to. i remember psphacks which turned into qj. now that site is cluttered with spam.

edit:

maybe i had unsupported hardware? i was under the impression that ever model psp was supported. that what happens when my friend watches over me.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom