Bricked psp 2001, Can somebody tell me how?

Cloud

i was trying to install custom firmware onto my buddies 6.39 unmodified psp.

i installed home brew enabler, and ran the ME custom firmware install. after the installation was complete, it said to press x to reset the psp, but the screen was frozen and now i get a black screen with a solid green light. i tried removing the battery and power cycling it to no avail.

i dont understand how it could have bricked, seeing as it froze after the installation. maybe it was a dirty eboot? i'll give you some links to the software i used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmIi6VQcFE

i know it was stupid to learn the shit from youtube, but i have been out of the scene for so long that i diddnt know what forums everybody went to. i remember psphacks which turned into qj. now that site is cluttered with spam.

edit:

maybe i had unsupported hardware? i was under the impression that ever model psp was supported. that what happens when my friend watches over me.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…