Can I Run XMB If I'm on 6.31?

Cloud

Hey folks, quick question.

I'm still rather new to the PSP scene, so forgive me if my terminology is wrong or I'm totally out of date. Basically I installed the HEN for 6.31 (my current firmware) when it came out a couple months ago and it works great. I load prometheus loader and I can run iso's just fine. But now I'm wondering if there's a way to run the games directly from the main screen, without having to run prometheus loader? Not that it's a huge deal, but it'd be nice to browse the memory card and just see the lovely little icons for each game, etc. I believe what I'm asking about is called "XMB?" Again I'm kinda new, so forgive me if I'm using the wrong term.

Does anyone know if this is possible yet? Or are we strictly limited to prometheus loader? From what I've read online, this MAY be possible for PSPs running 6.35 (but I could be wrong about that). However I'm still running 6.31 and I'm hesitant to upgrade because it's working pretty well right now. But I'd give it a shot, provided I can figure out how to upgrade without accidentally going to 6.37. I think it'd be worth it to be able to load my isos directly, but before I do anything, I wanted to check with the folks here and get their thoughts.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone may have. Rest assured it's greatly appreciated.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom