Participate in forum games here with the rest of the community. Posts in this forum do not increase your post count.

Cloud

first off I figured I'd post this here so it doesn't get lost in the HO.
A little background recently I suffered a few bsods which I believe I have resolved. with the last bsod I grew concerned about cpu heat as I am currently going through a heatwave my room gets hot during the day with no real way to mitigate the heat I've taken to turning off my pc due to concerns of overheat and to try and reduce the temps in my room during this time.
with my rambling out of the way I will ask these questions to solve my problems and to gather info for others that may have similar issues.
what could be causing a cpu to overheat?
what are normal operating temps?
what solutions are there?
are the solutions cheap(dirt cheap)or free?

Possible Causes:
dusty heat sink
bad thermal past
improper heatsink mounting
bad or inadequate heatsink
overclocked cpu

Solutions:
clean dust
replace thermal paste
check heatsink for proper mounting
replace heatsink
replace/add case fan(s)
underclock cpu

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom