CFW on TA-088v3?

Cloud

Ok first I will say that I am no stranger to PSP modding, I've just been away from the psp scene for 2 and a half years...
Now I picked up a PSP Slim on a whim tonight and tomorrow I plan on getting a USB cable for it (so at the moment I can't do anything really) but I have to ask:
Can a possible TA-088v3 have CFW installed on it now that we have the ability to sign E-Boots?

As far as I can tell 6.20 TN-D / 6.35 PRO-B permanent patch would work, but would I be able to apply the PRO-B5 update?

And one other question, anyway to tell what motherboard I have? I suspect it's a TA-088v3 but I am uncertain. Serial #: hu338xxx No date code. (Obviously the PSP-2001)

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to throw away my $120 investment...

Added notes: I did some goggling and it seems the HU3 serial and the fact that it is Ice Silver, point to it being from the Daxter bundle (making it hackable) any confirmation on such would be lovely...

Auto-Merge: Ok I am retracting all previous questions. I just took the off chance of holding the select button and it brought up the VSH menu! Apparently this one was already modded!! (sometime I ? buying used stuff!!)
From the looks of the recovery menu with 5.50 GEN-D3!
So I guess my final questions would be then, should I upgrade to 6.20 Pro-B5?
Or would I be better switching to 5.00m33-6 w/ prometheus?

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…