Currently on 5.50 GEN-D3, PSP 1000. How to get current?

Cloud

Alright, it's been a while since I've followed PSP hacking. The last time I really did anything with my Sony PSP was about a year ago, and I upgraded to 5.50 GEN-D3.

Recently, I wanted to copy my Final Fantasy VIII from my Playstation 3 to my PSP but it told me that the PSP had a different registration or something. So I was gonna log into my Playstation Network account on my PSP but I couldn't connect, I'm assuming that's because I'm on 5.50 GEN-D3.

So what I wanna know is...

1. Is there any way to access the Playstation Network so I can put my PSX games on my PSP?

2. Even if there is a positive answer to question one, is it a good idea to upgrade to a newer firmware? What would I have to do, to do that? I tried to do some research but I only found things for the PSPGo.

and finally, slightly on a different note...

Is there a way to record gameplay footage from my PSP to my computer? I have a Macbook PRO with Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I used to have a plugin I think, but I only capture brief 10 second clips...and that was in 2007 haha.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…