Dreamcast/Saturn how they have aged

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Im probably one of the older gamers here i was born in 1969 (lol) so ive seen consoles progress from the likes of the Commodore 64 to what we have now.
I see a lot of comments stating the Saturn looks bad now, the same has been said of the dreamcast but when the Saturn was launched in 94/95 computers where way behind, we where only just heading towards win95 and games on pcs didnt look as good as they did on a Megadrive.
When Dreamcast launched i bought one in the UK on launch day from EB games, i had a pc then and it was running win98 the graphics on Dreamcast where way ahead of pc.
19 years later thats how old the first gen Saturns are and the Dreamcast is 13 i dont see how people can say they have aged badly both machines where ahead of thier time and most are still playing games.
Consoles have advanced as youd expect but gameplay hasnt, i dont understand great graphics if you cant play a great game, Saturn/Dreamcast had playability in spades they still do and i dont think they have aged that badly.
Saturn and Dreamcast where cut short in thier prime both by machines that tried to offer lots more games and better graphics, maybe they where sucessfull on the graphics front, but not in games, PS1 and PS2 consoles i do own had more than half of thier games as complete rubbish a lot more so than Saturn/Dreamcast, The rot for Sega set in when they made the addons for megadrive, they didnt sell well and they didnt know when to give up.
Saturn for all its good games was ill conceived, not thougt out properly, it was really a 2D machine that could do 3D if pushed, developers didnt understand it, again Sega messed up.
Dreamcast came along and it was GOOD VERY GOOD but Sega where losing money they had problems and the only way to solve it was to kill the Dreamcast, but for its time the Dreamcast was an amazing console so was the Saturn, games have changed and not for the better, i wish Sega would come back as a console maker but i know theyt wont and cant 4 consoles would be too much.
Long live Saturn/Dreamcast proper consoles :)

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…