Dreamcast Vinyl skins

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
So last week, I picked up a dreamcast, couple controllers, and a stack of burned games for $30 at a garage sale. Everything worked fine except the system, controllers, and everything else plastic was yellowing and coated in a thick layer of dirt and crap. It looked like someone had intentionally sprayed cola on the controllers.
I've been wanting to give my little brother a dreamcast for some time now and I figured this was a fine candidate except for the cosmetic condition. I came across an old forum post where someone had bought a vinyl skin for their dreamcast and had great results.
Here's the original thread.
Dreamcast vinyl skins? - Dreamcast-Talk.com

I took Dark's advice. Since I had a white dreamcast that was yellowing, I went ahead and got a "mostly" white background. My brother is a huge Knuckles fan. He's gone as far as to name his red dachshund "knuckles". So I decided to go with a Sonic Adventure Knuckles graphic (before the roids).

I was amazed at how easily everything went on. I never had any problems with wrinkles or bubbles, although I did have some problems with the gaps. As such, I had to make a cut here and there so that everything was symmetrical. I can definitely see what Dark was talking about though. The top parts seem to go on very clean. Once you add the sides, things fall apart. I think they just broke my graphic up into too many stickers. Overall, I think from a few feet away, this thing looks great. Just don't start looking at it too closely. I hope my brother likes it. His birthday is still a ways away.

By the way, the guys at vinyl skins shipped very quickly and the vinyl seems extremely easy to remove if you're not happy. For me, I think it was an improvement over the yellowed plastic.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…