Firmware/Emulator/Stuff Help for N00b

Cloud

So, I am a noob of course. I have a PSP Fatty that I purchased brand new, about 5 years ago. I put it away and lost interest in it, since the games I purchased sucked, and the town I live in never carried any games worth buying. I've regained interest in it, because I'd like to install some emulators and roms. (Purchased legally when I installed them on an android based phone.)

I am currently running 2.81 firmware. (I guess I either updated it once, or never at all. )

I've heard that I have to downgrade to OFW 1.5 in order to do so, but I've also read that I can install CFW with a 1.5 Kernal and it will work.

'm concerned that I won't ever be able to downgrade my firmware if needed (Why? I'm not sure)

Can someone please fill me in on what I need to do in order to install my emulators and roms, and run them without error: 80020148?

What else is there I can do with my PSP?

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…