HEN/Online/Playstation/Bricking

Cloud

I just got a psp 3000 bright recently and will be upgrading from 6.30 to 6.35 to work with HEN. I am very new to this but I've been doing a good bit of research and understand the process. I have some questions beyond that.

1.) First off, I've read that CFW cannot be installed on the 3000 series and will brick your system if you attempt it. Thus, is Homebrew Enabler not considered CFW?

2.) In order to connect to the PSN, do you need to update to the most current OFW? If this is the case, is there no way to play legit games online with a 6.35 OFW?

3.) I understand that the 3000 cannot be unbricked. If my system bricks for any reason, considering that HEN and everything else beyond that is accessed from a save game exploit, can the PSP still be sent in to Sony for repair? Will they be able to detect that the PSP has been exploited?

4.)I have read that bricking occurs if the system powers off during an OFW upgrade, can happen during a downgrade in some cases, and can happen if messing around with programs that access flash0 and maybe flash1 but I am not sure on that. Are there any apps that I need to be aware of in this element? I intend to use my psp and experiment with homebrew to play playstation 1 games, snes/nes emulators, dosbox, etc. Maybe try out the n64 emulator. Do any of these access flash0 or flash1? I am pretty ignorant about flash0 and flash1 access and have just learned about it.

I like seeing that the psp can do so many things in the homebrew department. I guess my biggest concern is avoiding bricking since the 3000 cannot be unbricked at this time.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom