I am so godamn confused.....

Cloud

I feel it necessary to apologize ahead of time for this post, I expect there to be a lot of "UTFSE!!!!" replies, and I realize that I do deserve everyone of them. Normally I would do far more research before making such an ill-informed and ignorant post, but it has been a long day and asking jsut seems sooooo much easier then puttin in the time....don't want the labor pains, just the baby...

I have a fat psp, I used to be real into it, but I have drifted away from the scene since PS3 jailbreaking came about. Earlier today I decided to give the remote play on my PS3 a shot and while charging my psp it occurred to me that my firmware (5.50 GEN-B) is most certainly out of date. Wanting to keep with the times and also curious as to what has changed with the psp in recent months, I got online to do some research, an hour later I am not even sure what the latest firmware is....

At this point, a prudent man would point out that this is a clear indication that I have NOT put anywhere near enough time into this endeavor or perhaps that I am not looking very hard. This may indeed be the case, but it seems, to my ignorant ass anyway, that there is emphasis on alot of different firmwares these days, not only the most recent, it also occurs to me that perhaps that the inception of the psp go has muddled the waters a bit, I am just looking for a little clarity....

First off, I seem to remember one of the big features of 5.50 GEN-B was that one could update their firmware via network update on the psp, is this true? I was tempted to try it, but the thought of ending up with the most recent OFW makes me think I should ask before doing anything. Is this a good idea? Also, if network update is not an option, can I simply go from 5.50 GEN-B to the latest? Or must I install some intermediate cfw as a stepping stone?

One of the things I am most curious about is how the psp go changed the scene, particularly when it comes to firmware. Are all firmwares suitable for all psps? Or are some only for the go?

Bottom line: I have a fat psp that is running cfw 5.50 GEN-B, I want to update it to the latest (or best) cfw. Point me in the right direction. Also, if there is anything else I need (or should) to know, any significant changes that the psp has seen in the past year or so (I dunno, neat features or something), I would love to know about it.

Once again, I SINCERELY apologize for my laziness and would be SO very appreciative of anyone who would indulge me just this once...

Thanks!

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…