Kobo debuts Libra H2O e-reader, updates software with more tools for readers

Forum focused on electronics and peripherals. This includes computers, phones, cameras, etc.

Cloud

librah2o9-800x534.jpg
Enlarge (credit: Valentina Palladino)

Nearly one year after releasing the Forma e-reader, Kobo returns today with a new slab dubbed the Kobo Libra H2O. The $169 e-reader retains the skeleton of the Forma, but is actually a smaller device. It has a 7-inch, 1680×1264, 300ppi E Ink display, down from the Forma's 8-inch display, but it has the same side-chin with page-turn buttons. Notably, Kobo moved the power button from the edge of the e-reader to the back of the device, and it's now a slightly indented circle that's easy to discern from the device's slightly textured back.
At 6.7oz, the Libra H2O is also a hair lighter than the Forma, and it comes in both black and white color configurations. In contrast to the Forma, the Libra H2O comes with 8GB of storage (the Forma has 32GB) and it doesn't use Mobius screen technology, which gives the Forma's display more durability. But those minor spec differences don't change the fact that the Libra H2O is basically the Forma's slightly smaller sibling. So if you liked the Forma's design, you'll probably like the Libra H2O.
I've used both, and the experience is nearly identical in terms of physicality. I like how comfortable the upturned side-chin is to hold with one hand, I like the convenience of the page-turn buttons, and I like how quickly the E Ink touchscreen switches from portrait to landscape orientation when I flip the device. I also like that I don't have to charge the Libra H2O for weeks on end—that's not unique to this device, but it's a unique feature that E Ink e-readers have that I still gush over. I don't like that the Libra H2O charges via microUSB, but we'll probably be waiting a while longer before e-reader manufacturers care enough to make the switch to USB-C (if they ever care to at all).

Read 12 remaining paragraphs | Comments

More...

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom