Memory Stick Light Flashing

Cloud

Alright, I know the obvious answer already, but I came here hoping it wasn't the obvious answer.

Having snapped a pin from my backlight clip I was persuaded to acquire another PSP, 1000 model. After finally giving up on the green shell that had caused all of these problems I finally begin to re-assemble everything in its original shell, only to find out that my memory stick won't read.

The light just flashes at me.
If I try to run a pandora the screen stays black with the green light on.

I swapped out the daughter board for the one from the other PSP, same issue.

I am hoping it's some sort of issue with the firmware since I took the damn thing apart a billion and a half times, and would like to know if there is any way to flash the PSP without access to a memory stick.

I've tried three different sticks, two 4gb and a 512mb.
I've tried two different daughter boards.

I figure it's either the mobo or the firmware, help make me not cry tears of manly shame?

Edit: If it is at all relevant I do still get wireless signal, figure that was worth mentioning since the same board handles both things.
Edit Again: Running CFW 5.00 M33-6. Also I am far too tired to remember important details so I will check this when I wake up again.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…