NAOMI titles that are cross compatible with their DC...

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
conversions. More importantly, how do they interact with each other in terms of content and/or features?
For those that aren't aware, certain Sega NAOMI releases in Japan were designed to be compatible with their respective home counterparts via the Dreamcast's wonderful VMU (with the right cabinet setup and rig of course).

This is a particular topic that has been on my mind for a LONG time as I've always been obessed with regards to the consoles close connection to its arcade equivalent.

Info on the net for this particular disccussion is very vague and I wanted to take the opportunity to compile a comprehensive list of these games and how they interact with each other. I know for sure that...

-Marvel Vs Capcom 2- Earning "Secret Factor" shop points that are only obtainable in the NAOMI version to unlock all of the game console features (Unlike, the US release, the JPN version had a more complex point reward system for unlocking all of the features in the home version).

-Capcom Vs. SNK- Color Edit! Save your customized color edited characters onto your VMU and use them at the local arcade.

Both games even advertise such compatible features in-game during demo play in both arcade and home ports.

Other games to have cross compatible features are...
Streett Fighter Zero 3 Upper
VO:OT
F355 Ferrari

Are there others?

Thanks everyone.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom