Need some Help with a Setting/theme for a fighter.

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
I Came up with an initial idea with a Dreamcast Crossover title, but I decided to put some creativity into something more that I can call my own instead of using copywrited characters. So ever since my DC Crossover thread I have been working on some characters and created about 20 characters. That I limited too 9 That i plan to later expand if everything goes well. But the setting of the characters is the initial problem.

I have 8 characters each with an initial story and origin. But a few things i have come into. My 8 Characters have gone through many designs and i will be finalizing the 8 characters. Some of them have a hommage too some characters from my favorite tittles, either with moves and/or appearance. The 9th Character is Boss Character that has been done first.

A couple of factors that I run into.... I want my game to feel American, and not cliche. Meaning i dont want the game to be bloody and gorey like most american fighting games, Dark or filled with 90 lbs Girls with D-Cup breast. i.e Mortal Kombat, Primal Rage, Killer Instinct.

My characters have no Japanese names nor do i plan to have them talk out every move they execute. not trying to execute a Street Fighter Clone.

I don't plan to use Steampunk like most indie developers, or any other punk derivaties.

After my Designs I have simple templates as to what moves or figting styles each character uses.

some of my future characters will be unorthodox in design, And i have there designs about just not final. I want to break stereotypes in this game not completely with every character but with some. in design.

So Should I worry about my theme of the game ? or should I just take the street fighter route with countryies/planets and locations for mapping.

The Main Design of the game will not be disclosed until I get a Demo Up and running. I most likely will use the Dolmexica Engine for the first game. Because I'll Do a Cheating route for the game. an Idea stolen from Capoeria Fighter 3 and model the characters and Animations in 3D, and export the animations in frame by frame into picture files. and have them resized for compatability for that engine.

As far as the real game idea its planned to be a 2.5D fighter designed in a 3D engine.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Back
Top Bottom