Need to update a 2001 to play MHP3rd

Cloud

It's been a good year or so since I really touched my PSP(model 2001) and even then I only really had it for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. It was a gift from my dad, who told me he had added CFW with a Pandora battery and a bunch of stuff that went completely over my head. He wrote up some instructions but I can't make heads or tails of them anymore.

I suppose I should get to the problem. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd needs a firmware update in order to run and I feel like my PSP is going to explode if I try tampering with it in order to update it. I have absolutely no clue where to start. The one thing I do know is the CFW version 5.00 M33-3, according to the system information.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…