New Custom BIOS removes VGA check.

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
So, I ran across this Dreamcast Dev called japanese-cake the other day and he seems to have a couple of pretty cool projects going on. However what really intrigued me was his work on developing a custom bios. The custom bios is the standard fare with Devkit intro and region free but it also had support to boot without a VGA check. Meaning you can boot all those pesky non-VGA games without a boot-disk or a swap trick! Now I only have one game that is not VGA compatible but it booted fine. It's not a feature that I will use a lot but I know there are some here that this feature could really benefit.

You can get the bios files from his site HERE. Cool thing is he also has the bios with a retail intro for those who get annoyed with the Devkit intro.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…