NTSC-J collecting - a question for other members

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Hey DC friends, I would love to hear your personal opinion about one thing I've been scratching my head over recently. So, I decided to acquire a Japanese Dreamcast to my collection. Since I already have quite a collection of Japanese Saturn games, which look great on a shelf, I thought I might put some Japanese Dreamcast games as well.

I want to focus mostly on games I either remember fondly from my childhood, or just always wanted to get. And, to my dismay, I found out a whole lot of games I'd love to get my hands on just wasn't available in the NTSC-J territory. And I do really mean a lot. Hydro Thunder, Aqua GT, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Red Dog, Kao the Kangaroo, Star Wars games, Tony Hawk Pro Skater...

What would you do in such scenario? One of the solutions is to get an American copy of the said games to fill in the blanks* (since the CD cases are identical, anyway). Or just stick to PAL releases of the said games? (which sometimes are a tad cheaper, but harder to come by... Plus my shelf would be really mixed with all those different cases!). Or just give up on the whole idea whatsoever. :D

* - do American sellers on ebay are willing to combine shipment, and declare it as a gift, with a value lower of 30$ to foreign countries? Due to very crappy customs process, without it lots of my packages would be stuck in the customs office for a long time (not to mention additional taxes on my side). Japanese sellers almost always send it as a lower-value gifts.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…