openwrt and adsl routers

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
yay my first post, here goes nothing...

I recently had an idea to get DC online. I don't have budget for BBA just like most of us. and pc-dc thing is unreliable I mean it is not perfect, it is not easy, it is not permanent, not for b type modems etc... but as I said I had an idea. on paper it is amazing =) yet I don't know it is even possible on practice yet. So I asked the professionals and waiting their feedback. in the mean time I wanted to share it with you guys and make myself a reason to register (for a long time I just spectate).

One Last Ride for Dreamcast (Page 1) — General Discussion — OpenWrt

for who doesn't want to click here's the summary,

most of the adsl router modems and wireless modems can be replaced with custom firmwares. openwrt is one of them and IMHO the greatest and most supported by far. amazing community. what if it is possible to put openwrt on an adsl router modem and use its landline in jack to host a dial-up setup for Dreamcast to dial in. This way Dreamcast will be able to use OpenWRT's WAN connection and get online very easily and permanently and cheap. or via usb dial up modem attachment.

anyways I guess I'll have my answer soon enough... I hope such a config is possible.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom