Please Help?

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Hi all,

I know this isn't the section this belongs in, but I posted a question there, and nobody seems to be interested, and I could really use some help. I hate to ask, but I need it.

Anyway, I recently bought Sonic Adventure. I tried to play it on my Dreamcast, and it would get to the Station Square screen, then freeze. The CD still spins, but the laser stops moving.

So, I took it into a store and had the CD cleaned, and it still does this. I tried Virtua Tennis, and it works perfectly. I put in a Bob Seger CD and a Boston CD, and they both played perfectly. I also tried a burned game, and it played fine.

I also tried the advice on renewing the laser lens, which made the lens clearer, but didn't help the issue.

Point blank, is it the disc or the laser? My gut tells me its the laser, but I hope it isn't. I hate begging for help, but I want to be sure before I spend money on another console or another copy of the game. Thanks for any help, and sorry for posting here, but I think it's the only place someone will listen to me!

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom