PSP detects memory stick but can't read off of it

Cloud

I'm using a PSP 1000 with a TA-081 motherboard I picked up off Ebay, and I'm currently on 5.00 M33-4.

The problem with it is, it won't load anything off the memory stick, but it can see it, and all the programs on it. I can MMS/pandora it; the whole hold down L-trigger thing, and I can upgrade it, downgrade it all that, but the memory light doesn't blink or anything when I do that, and when I load up the PSP normally, and try loading a game or program it freezes on the white PSP logo screen, and the memory light doesn't blink then either. Also when I load into the recovery menu, and try to exit it, it freezes and I have to take out the battery to turn it off. So is there anyway to fix this, or is the board a lost cause?

I also have a TA-079 board I got from the same auction, it's on 5.50-D3.

That works normally for the most part, when it does start. Sometimes it doesn't want to start up at all and I have to wait a while then try again, or when in XMB it won't go into anything, just show the loading circle for a split second and not do anything, so I have to do a full shut down and restart, also in text entry the letters just disappear and it freezes. This one reads the memory stick just fine. So is there anything I can do to fix this board?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom