PSP detects memory stick but can't read off of it

Cloud

I'm using a PSP 1000 with a TA-081 motherboard I picked up off Ebay, and I'm currently on 5.00 M33-4.

The problem with it is, it won't load anything off the memory stick, but it can see it, and all the programs on it. I can MMS/pandora it; the whole hold down L-trigger thing, and I can upgrade it, downgrade it all that, but the memory light doesn't blink or anything when I do that, and when I load up the PSP normally, and try loading a game or program it freezes on the white PSP logo screen, and the memory light doesn't blink then either. Also when I load into the recovery menu, and try to exit it, it freezes and I have to take out the battery to turn it off. So is there anyway to fix this, or is the board a lost cause?

I also have a TA-079 board I got from the same auction, it's on 5.50-D3.

That works normally for the most part, when it does start. Sometimes it doesn't want to start up at all and I have to wait a while then try again, or when in XMB it won't go into anything, just show the loading circle for a split second and not do anything, so I have to do a full shut down and restart, also in text entry the letters just disappear and it freezes. This one reads the memory stick just fine. So is there anything I can do to fix this board?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…