PSP Go Flashing Orange Light, No Sound.....

Cloud

Hey guys, I need some help and/or opinions on a PSP Go I received in a trade from some kid on craigslist.

I got a white PSP Go system, with box and charger. He told me it was flat dead, so being the kind of guy who hates talking to strangers for longer than I have to, I believed him and left. An hour away too. Once I got home, decided to charge the PSP and see what's up. This is what happened:

I plugged it in, and the charge light was flashing orange, in real quick flashes, rather than stay on constantly. A guy on the Sony forums said it was a bad battery but that's not the case.

After that, I thought maybe it was still charging but the LED was bad or something, so I turn it on while on the charger. Turns out the PSP has NO SOUND at all. It thinks that something is plugged into the audio jack at all times, because I can change the EQ when nothing is plugged in. Also when I do plug headphones or speakers in, the sound still DOES NOT work.

I switch batteries with my other black PSP Go, voiding the warranty as I do this. The white on won't charge the black one's battery, but the black PSP will charge the white PSP's original battery, proving that the white PSP's battery wasn't bad.

While in the PSP's, I also notice that the water damage sticker is all pink on the white PSP. Meaning something got it wet at some point.

Is there anything I can do to fix these problems? I really don't want to trade it back to the kid, even though he did screw me over. I'd rather have this than a Wii, which is what I traded. And I don't think anybody else would trade a almost new white PSP Go for a Red Wii.

I'll upload a video of it tomorrow if no one can help me, and if I fix my phone so I can record the video lol.

END RESULT:
NEW WHITE PSP:
NO SOUND
CAN'T CHARGE A BATTERY
IT'S BATTERY CAN BE CHARGED BY ANOTHER PSP
IT'S BEEN FULLY UPDATED SINCE I GOT IT AND FIXED NOTHING

Help?

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom