PSP Repair

Cloud

I've gotten into modding, and been trying my hand at refurbishing PSP but I'm kinda stuck. I had my own PSP which has worked for a bit now, it was hacked so I value it greatly. My friend ended up going through two PSPs. Both PSP got beatten up and had their screens cracked. I found www.consolezombie.com and order a replacement screen for both of them. The screen repair was easy enough, and had one PSP up and running smoothly, back together, and so my friend now had a working PSP.

Problem 1:

The second PSP, sat on a shelf till I got the second screen. It was mine to keep if I got it working. So I installed the second screen, installed it, and it worked nicely. Only problem was that the UMD wasn't reading any discs. All I was hearing from the UMD was what sounded like grinding noises. So I went back to www.consolezombie.com and bought a replacement UMD drive. The UMD drive came, but it looked rather rough, so when I finally followed that Websites Tutorial at how to replace the UMD, I wasn't all that suprised, when UMD still didn't work. I assumed it was a bad part, and eventually order another UMD drive from another supplier. Installed in... and still no luck and same results.

Problem 2:
My own PSP, unfortunately fell from my pocket, bounced around a couple times on the ground. Picked it up, seemed alright at first, until I went to save my game. System locked up, had to pull the battery out to reboot it, and it wouldn't reboot till the Memory Card was taken out of the system. Memory Card did work else where as I tested it out, on the other PSP with the not working UMD. Seeing as I had two PSP 1000, I took the broken one apart, took the Card reader out of it, and installed it in my own one, and the Card reader still does not work.

So, now that I've said anything. Is there any more information I can get. With Problem 1, the first broken PSP. Would this be something wrong with the Motherboard and not the UMD? Or is there something that could of gone wrong, or some piece of information I could of missed out. When a UMD goes into the drive. I hear some noise, sorta a grinding, and the PSP just searching for a disc but doesn't find anything.

As for the Card reader on my own PSP. I'm fairly certain I have to get a specific card reader for my specific PSP motherboard, as there was a little difference between the two cards.

Eitherway any info or extra input would be welcome.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…