Participate in forum games here with the rest of the community. Posts in this forum do not increase your post count.

Cloud

Hey guys,

I think we all know how big most PS2 games are. However there is a tool that can convert PS2 ISOs into CHD which makes them smaller in size, and they work with PCSX2. By using namDHC you can convert/compress .ISO format to .CHD format and you'll usually get a smaller size. For example, Beats of Rage uncompressed as a ISO is a little over 1GB, however by converting it to CHD format, it is now 55MB, it went from 1GB down to MB. Note that not all games will get this much of an improvement, however overall, it will help cut down on taking up a lot of HDD space.

The tool is drag and drop. Its built upon the command line version of the program. After testing it out myself, it works. Just thought I'd help others who wanted to save some space on their HDDs/SSDs.

GitHub - umageddon/namDHC: Windows frontend for CHDMAN - written in Autohotkey

This also works for: PS1,Sega Saturn, (PSP, only PPSSPP standalone), PC-FX,PS2, Sega Dreamcast(Flycast 64-bit), NeoGeo CD.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…