Sonic Adventure Voice Clips: How To Find Them

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Hello, person. Say, you look like a person that likes those nifty voice actors from SA1 so much that you want uninterrupted sound clips of them without ripping them from the disc. Well my friend, you have come to the right place.

This topic will kind of be a guide on how to find soundbites from the game Sonic Adventure. If you want all kinds of voice clips from the game, then this is what you do:

Things you need:

-A Sega Dreamcast (if you don't have one, then I doubt you'll get far)
-A copy of Sonic Adventure (for the Dreamcast)
-A recording mic and Audacity (optional, just if you want to do something with them on your computer)

1. Hook up your Dreamcast, pop in Sonic Adventure, and turn the power on.
2. After you select your files and everything, select "Options" from a menu that pops up.
3. In the Options menu, go into the Sound Test.
4. Near the bottom of the Sound Test menu, select "S.E.", which is right below the "To The Main Menu" option.
5. A series of numbers inside boxes will appear. Use the Analog Thumb Pad or the D-Pad to switch the numbers around. Enter these numbers in to get the respective sound clips:

00-1-XX - Big Voice Clips
01-3-XX - Chao Voice Clips (so cute! :mrgreen:)
01-5-XX - Extra Chao Race music (I assume.)
02-0-XX - ZERO Sound Effects
02-1-XX - Amy Voice Clips
03-0-XX - Gamma Sound Effects (only one :()
03-1-XX - Gamma Voice Clips
04-0-XX - Knuckles Sound Effects
04-1-XX - Knuckles Voice Clips
05-0-XX - Sonic Sound Effects
05-1-XX - Sonic Voice Clips
06-0-XX - Tails Sound Effects
06-1-XX -Tails Voice Clips

6 (optional). If you want to save the sound on your computer, plug in your recording mic and record the sound with a free sound editing and recording tool called Audacity (there are many ones out there, but Audacity is what I prefer). This is where you can export the sound as various types of files, such as MP3, WAV, AIFF, OGG, etc. You can also play around with the sound too, like change the pitch, speed and tempo, cut some of the audio, make it gain or lose decibels, add an echo effect, time shift, import other audio files, and lots of other cool stuff. To export the file, go to the top bar and click "File". Next, click "Export" in the popup menu that shows up. Then, choose the file name, file type and its destination. Then, hit "Save" and you're good to go!

Hopefully, this was helpful for all of you people out there. And just to say, I was pretty surprised when I found all of those Chao clips (did you know that there's over 80 of them? How much do they need?)!

Thanks for reading,
hudsthinking1999

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom