Storing/organizing your VMUs

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Just something random I thought about.

I like to keep my save files after beating a game, but with the Dreamcast VMU having so little storage capacity, one must have quite a lot of VMUs to do so. But storing so many VMUs is not that easy, and organizing them makes it even harder..looking through each VMU by putting it into the controller to find the save you are looking for every time is not the most ideal.

So my solution for this came in the form of a regular CD wallet (pictures below). The pages for the CDs were falling apart, but the outer case was in perfect shape so I tried it out..and turns out it's almost as if it was made to store VMUs (ones that don't have the caps anymore of course..which is like 90% of the VMUs if you ask me). I sew in 2 rubber bands as straps and now can be used to store 12 VMUs perfectly..they are not too tight, but not too lose either.

And for easier organization, I just use seperate VMU(s) for the seperate genres, which I indicate on the back of the VMUs. (Cuz I don't feel like replacing the batteries in each and every one of them every month...)

Thought it was worth a share, and curious if others have any tricks for storing their VMUs or other stuff.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom