Trouble updating from 5.03 gen C to 6.20 permenent

Cloud

Today i decided to update my firmware from 5.03 gen C with the Kxploit to 6.20 permanent on my psp 3000. An easy task that i shouldn't need help with and unfortunately i cant even get past the updating to ofw 6.20. I reverted back to 5.03 ofw and placed the 6.20 update in PSP/GAME/UPDATE and attempted to start the update. Good old error code 80020148 is there to greet me no matter how many times i check to see if the file is corrupted. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Auto-Merge: well somehow anything that i put on my psp's memory stick gets completely corrupted. I tried to see if the Kxploit needed to be uninstalled (if so i forgot to do that) but as i try to put the necessary stuff to re hen my 3000 onto my memory stick anything that goes on somehow becomes corupted. Is there any way to fix this...

Auto-Merge: Ive been working on this for about 4 hours now... anything that i try to put onto my mem Stick gets corrupted. I updated using an old umd that i had available to the highest firmware that was on it 5.55 thinking that it would fix whatever bug that is high jacking my psp... thought it would clear my flash memory as the error code i get sometimes originates there... failed... still corrupts my data. Im at a loss as to what to do next... i cant download any data onto my psp and cant do anything to fix this. Just at a loss now

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…