Your experience with Power Stone?

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
I don't know why some are oblivious to the fact that this game originated as a Coin-Op arcade release. I guess not many people are Arcade junkies like myself :?
Billed as the first game to utilize SEGAs powerful NAOMI board (HotD2 actually came out a few month before so...) Power Stone was released in early 1999 for Arcade followed by quick and uncompromising perfect home port on Dreamcast in Japan after the systems launch . Recall reading somewhere that the game was quite a financial failure out there for Capcom which I would imagine was a big blow to them considering it was their first attempt in not only creating a competent product for SEGAs hardware, but also one of the rare attempts in Capcom looking towards creating a new IP.
As it would appear, PS got a 2nd chance at redeeming itself when it was ready for international release as part of a healthy launch line up of games no less. The game recieved a rather positive reception by both consumers and critics alike. It must've done well if it eventually received a sequel.
Power Stone along with Sonic Adventure were one of the first games I purchased for my system. Prior to its purchase I kept a watchful eye on the game via magazine previews which left me curious. A brand new fighting game from Capcom... in full arena 3D fighting format. A rather unconvetional proposition from such a company I followed so well.
I quickly fell in love with the game. The simplistic art design and game play. The playful soundtrack. The lush and vivid colors on just about every part of the game. Fast forward today and Power Stone is still one of those games that I adore. I can't think about Dreamcast without quickly thinking about Power Stone also.
What are your personal experiences with the first Power Stone? Do you still play it on occasion? What are your thoughts on the game today after more than decade later?
Thanks for reading :)

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…