What Makes PSO Special to You?

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Was playing PSO today and heading on to Episode 1&2 for the first time in a while and it made me think, what captivates/ makes PSO so special to hundred's of people that still play it online today? It will be a different answer for everyone but to me it means two things. 1. Its just a fun well made game that allows you to do the same things again and again without it feeling repetitive with great graphics, great gameplay and amazing music (World With Me and Can Still See the light are amazing). 2. I think another major one is that PSO is a time capsule, it represents to many of us (its cliche i know) a world pre 9/11, a simpler time of our childhoods/teenage years where it was all about Amazing video games and the Disney Renaissance ect. The world contained in PSO is a place frozen in time, it has not really changed since it first came out in late 2000-early 2001 and the people in it while older have not lost the kindness or the friendships still contained on Pioneer 2 or Ragol. It in my opinion is the same way people feel about the world in Shenmue, a place from long ago with many fond memories and good friends that we may still keep in touch with or are just a distant memory. It also to me represent the end of the "Glory" days of video gaming where video games in just a year or two would fundamentally change in tone and philosophy in game design for the worse and is when many of us had to start to "grow up". I might just be crazy or a old fossil at heart but make a comment on what makes PSO special to you now and forever :D

I will leave it with a timeless commercial
[youtube]https://youtu.be/rw6hosekixk[/youtube]

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Back
Top Bottom