whats your fav shoot em up?

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
I have a strong love for this sort of genre, and it seems that some of the best are on the dreamcast.

Whats your fav & why? Bonus; give honorable mentions (ninja-macabre uses this for finding unknown & new games to play :roll: )

Ikaruga is my #1 fav, I have a dire love for this game. Every game on the poll (and linked below) i've played, most i've beaten, and Ikaruga takes the cake. Out of any shmups, on any console...ever. I have yet to be impressed as much as I was by this game on release, and compelled to play this game compared to others of the same genre.

A close second is Trigger Heart, as I love the grapple mechanic (its finding itself played more and more as I've basically memorized ever single pixel of Ikaruga), and a 3rd would be Last Hope (let's go ahead and say Pink Bullets version here since sometimes I don't want to kill myself while playing a game...).

Since there is a cap at 10 options here, I'll post the more "standard" or, in my opinion, "typical" shmups (open to debate, so do comment!). There's ALOT more games, like;

Mars Matrix, Castle Shikigami 2, Bangai-O, Radilgy, Gunbird 2, Chaos Field, Trizeal, Psyvariar 2

My honorable mentions; Radiant Silvergun for saturn, MUSHA on genesis (wii vc also), & raiden III on ps2 (being the "newest" console shmup i have ignoring new dreamcast releases).

edit; also those interested in this genre + dead history might be interested in this;
Raiden IV port could hit the Dreamcast

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Back
Top Bottom